She runs in the kitchen, grabs a bite, then jets back to the living room.
She has been working on her "sneaking & hiding" skills for quite some time. A few years ago, when she was a 2-year-old "little helper" when we picked strawberries every spring. I remember she loved to help out in kitchen then! I was busy making freezer jelly, but stepped out of the kitchen for a minute. When I came back, I caught her picking strawberries off the trays, and transferring them to my pocket in my apron. I quietly left the room, and came back with the video camera. That one is in the vault!
This time I decided to make a different type of banana bread. Add some chocolate chips. It should be called the perfect banana bread. It's easy, too!
Easy Cake-Mix Banana Bread
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray; lightly flour pans.
- Select your favorite banana bread recipe variation from those below.
- In large bowl, beat all ingredients above plus ingredients from selected variation below until well mixed. Divide batter evenly between pans.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaves comes out clean and inside of cracks do not look wet. Cool 15 minutes in pans on cooling racks. Remove loaves from pans to cooling racks.
- Other variations of this recipe can be found here.