Weekends seem to fly by, always.
I can't get enough hours in the day, and I am definitely not spending enough time in the kitchen.
Weather was perfect this weekend. We planted potatoes in the garden. Over 150 starters in the ground. The potatoes are planted about 2" in the ground. Potatoes grow well in well-drained soils. We have sandy loam soil in Jasper County.
We also have beautiful sunsets as well. Some would consider this a fly-over state
Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup is a easy recipe and you will have enough for left overs. It has all the ingredients for a hearty meal.
CROCK POT HAMBURGER SOUP
2 lbs hamburger
1 diced onion
2 minced garlic
1 large can tomato juice
8 oz water
2 14 oz can of beef broth
2 cups corn canned or frozen
3 cups uncooked pasta
- Brown 2 pounds of hamburger with 1 diced onion and 2 minced garlic.
- Add to crock pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomato juice, water and beef broth.
- Cook in crock pot 2-3 hours.
- Add the corn and stir and cook for another 10 minutes
- Stir in cooked pasta and serve.