It's beginning to look a little like Christmas at our house. I need more decorations in the house, but that will come in time. A little Christmas shopping is completed.
This Ham & Cheese Roll recipe is something I wanted to try in my casserole crock pot. I really love the casserole style. So many options to make when you need more room compared to a traditional crock pot.
To begin, roll out crescent roll dough. Seal all the seams. I placed 16 thin ham slices on the dough. You could use up to almost a pound of ham, it is up to you.
I placed 10 pieces of provolone cheese on top of the ham. Other suggestions for cheese loving people: swiss, pepper jack, cheddar. Roll it all up!
Carefully cut the crescent into 12 rolls. I used a serrated knife. Place rolls in a greased casserole crock pot.
Melt 1 stick of butter, worchestershire sauce, mustard, brown sugar, and poppy seeds in a sauce pan.
Set the temperature on high and cook for 2 - 2.5 hours.
This is about an hour into the process. If you have too much condensation on the lid, put a towel under the lid to catch the condensation.
The ham and cheese rolls turned out delicious!
Crock Pot Ham & Cheese Rolls
1 package crescent rolls
1 package ham
10- 12 slices of cheese - provolone, swiss or cheddar
1 stick butter
2 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1. Melt butter, brown sugar, Worchestershire sauce, mustard and poppy seeds in a microwave safe dish. Stir well.
- Unroll crescent sheet and layer ham and top with a cheese of your preference. Roll into a log and carefully cut into 12 sections with a serrated knife.
- Spray casserole crock pot with Pam.
- Place rolls in crock and cover with hot mixture sauce.
- Cook on high for 2 - 2.5 hours.
I linked up to these blogs: