Eating healthy has started to become the normal for me for a few months. It has been a challenge, but also a new habit I am glad to stick to. My new healthy challenge has made me take breakfast creativity to a new level. I decided to take some of my favorite foods and include them in my breakfast.
I started with a cauliflower tortilla, topped with an egg, tomato, spinach, avocado, cilantro, and Frank's Hot Sauce. Top with some shredded cheese too! This quick recipe is delicious, filling and low-calorie.
- 3/4 head of cauliflower riced or 2 cups riced and packed
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate or use blender to rice cauliflower. Make sure you have 2 cups packed.
- Place riced cauliflower in a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes and stir, then another 2 minutes and stir. Place on a dish towel and squeeze excess moisture.
- Place drained cauliflower in bowl, add eggs, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Spread mixture onto a lined baking sheet into 6 flat circles.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes, take out of oven and flip tortillas and bake in the oven 5-7 mor minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat and place tortilla into the pan pressing down slightly and brown them. This step gives them a slightly crispy edges and a nutty taste.