The weekend before Valentine's Day, Macie pulled out a farm magazine, and told me, "Papa wanted me to make this." She had it saved in her room, so she wouldn't forget. She had it hidden in her closet. Maybe because that was the easiest place to find it. If you can imagine a pre-teen room, that is exactly what her's looks like.
She was in charge of this recipe, and I was excited to see her try a crock-pot recipe!
This was my chance to watch her find all the ingredients (I hoped we had all of the ingredients!) This is a simple recipe, so you will most likely have all ingredients.
This recipe was tucked inside the February edition of The Progressive Farmer magazine. Between features on irrigation and new generation farmers, is a recipe about sugar, and lava cake. Recipe credit goes to Rachel Johnson, Stupid Good Food.
I am sure someone licked the spatula, who can resist!?
After a couple hours in the crock pot, it looked delicious! Very easy dessert recipe! She called papa to come down for dessert, she had a surprise for him!
Crock Pot Lava CakePRINT RECIPE
1 20 ounce double chocolate brownie mix
1 large egg
⅓ c water
⅓ c canola oil
1 3.9 ounce box chocolate pudding mix
2 cups cold milk
- Prepare brownie mix, egg, water and oil in bowl until smooth.
- Prepare pudding mix with milk in a bowl, whisk until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray, turn on low.
- Add brownie batter, use spatula to smooth out.
- Add pudding mix on top of brownie batter and swirl into brownie batter.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, or until edges are set.
- Serve with Cool Whip